Production Kitchen Assistant-chocolates and desserts
Casa de Chocolates specializes in chocolate and desserts. We draw our inspiration from traditional desserts, candies and images of Mexico, Central America and South America; where the story of chocolate began. Our goal is to bring together these origins and flavors with the modern world of chocolate.
Casa de Chocolates specializes in chocolates and desserts. We draw our inspiration from traditional desserts, flavors and culinary inspirations from Mexico, Central America and South America. Casa de Chocolates opened its first retail location and artisan kitchen in Berkeley, CA in 2011. All products at Casa de Chocolates are unique creations made from whole, high quality, natural ingredients.
We are passionate about making the best small-batch, handcrafted chocolate products. We are seeking talented individuals who share our passion for Latin American culture and culinary products.
For our kitchen, we are looking to hire an energetic person who would assist in managing the operation of the kitchen and would become an integral part of the Casa de Chocolates team. Our production kitchen assistant is a support member to the chocolatier and kitchen manager. This individual must be a team player, maintain the cleanliness of the facilities and become highly skilled in the preparation of all chocolate products and desserts.
Participate in all aspects of the operations of a commercial kitchen including:
- Prepare and check quality of ingredients for all chocolate products and desserts
- Assist with preparation of all products for the following day, as needed
- Perform clean-up activities including sweeping, mopping, washing dishes and wiping down equipment, as required
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Knowledge of chocolate and bakery products with aptitude to gain extensive product
- Comply with all applicable State of California Health and Safety Codes
- Food handlers card required
- Must be able to multitask and work in and adapt to a fast-paced and continuously changing environment
- Must have strong basic math skills and knowledge of weights and measures
- Ability to follow and maintain work schedule
- Must work in a clean and sanitary manner at all times
- Must maintain a positive attitude at all times and work well with others
- Must be able to commit to 20 hours June-August and transition to full time
- Must be available to work between the hours of 7am-4pm while training (June-Aug)
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong understanding of Latin
American desserts, chocolate, pastries, cuisine and culture. Additionally, you will possess a passion to share that knowledge.
- Commercial kitchen experience is a plus however, we are willing to train.
- Spanish fluency and knowledge of Latin American flavors is a plus
*Starting salary hourly rate is $17.50-$20.00, some commensurate allowance for
experience will be considered.
Casa de Chocolates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please send resumes and application to:
We are looking forward to hearing from you!